Library List: 10 great books for your next checkout
You know how sometimes you go to the library and you end up coming home with books you're not so crazy about? Or you come home with books with great pictures, but the story is just blah. Or the other way around?? Well not anymore! I've done the work for you!! (woot woot!)
Here's to the first segment of Library Lists from Worthington Ave! These are books that I 100% recommend. I checked each of these books out at my local library and read them to my own daughter. They have great artwork, enchanting stories, and I bet you and your kids will BOTH be entertained. So, you can be sure you come home with at least SOME good books every library trip!
So, let's get started!
Title: Author's last name (for easy library catalog searching)
1. Hip, Hip, Hooray for Annie McRae: Wilcox
- The sweetest book about believing in yourself.
2. Tumford the Terrible: Tillman
- A naughty cat learns to say "I'm sorry."
3. Madam President: Smith
- A little girl imagines what her day would be like as President of the United States.
4. Silly Goose's Big Story: Kasza
- A tale about taking care of your friends, and using your imagination.
5. Don't Wake the Bear: Smallman
- The animals are throwing a party! Can they get it all together without waking the bear??
6. Corduroy: Freeman
- A little bear wanders the department store looking for his lost button, but he ends up finding a loving home.
7. Find the Magic: Cohen
- A kind frog teaches two little mice and a cat how to find the magic in a book. You're going to love the pictures in this one!
8. Diary of a Baby Wombat: French
- A simple story of the day in the life of a baby wombat, (Sleep, eat, sleep eat) and how he makes an unexpected friend.
9. I'd Know you Anywhere, My Love: Tillman
- A sweet rendition of a parent's love for his/her child.
10. Goldie and the Three Bears: Stanley
- An interesting take on a classic that ends in a surprising friendship
I can't wait to see you reading these books with your kiddos! I hope you enjoy them as much as Baby and I did! If you post a picture on instagram with any book you heard about on this blog, pleas tag #recommendedbyworthington in the comments so I can see it!
Oh and here's another special surprise just for you! A free printable!